Ever wondered how to create beautifully straight sides and sharp edges on your cakes? This lovely two day cake decorating class will teach you absolutely everything you need to know about cake covering and ganache.
No cake decorating class would be complete without the finishing touches. After we've covered the cake and placed the sugar pearls around the base of each tier, I'll show you how to make a selection of pretty sugar flowers to decorate your cake including an open rose, some rose buds and tiny wired leaves, blossoms and berries.
Class Dates: Pick two consecutive dates in the Booking Form or select "Other" if the date you want isn't yet visible on the list.
What You'll Learn
- How to split and level your cakes
- The importance of delicious sugar syrups and how to make them
- How to make your own ganache and then create beautiful sharp edges on your cake with it
- The art of icing a cake to make really sharp edges and straight sides
- The importance of perfectly iced boards and sharp edge dummies and how to do this
- How to dowel and stack your cake so that it is completely level
- Beautiful sugar pearls to sit around the bottom of your cake
- How to make a mix of pretty sugar flowers to decorate your cake. I’ll show you how to make an open rose, some rose buds and tiny wired leaves, blossoms and berries